As the holidays are quickly coming into play, many people also are planning their travel and holiday arrangements. I found some very useful tips from a great set of of references that I wanted to share with you in regards to traveling with pets.
Some things you will want to make sure you have when traveling with your pet(s):
- Cat or Dog Carriers
- Harness & Leash
- Updated Tags on pet(s)
- Recent photo of pet(s)
- A list of all medications
I found also some information regarding safety scores of airlines that i think should also be considered when traveling with your pet(s). The Thrillest, New York Times, & CNN have some interesting facts and statistics that you should take a moment and read. If you are flying, be sure to see the Thrillest & CNN reference, it was something I think every pet owner should keep in mind as the last thing we want to experience is a loss of a pet during traveling.
Just remember, the more thorough you are when planning and arranging travel plans – the better things will be. Do not feel bad asking airlines and other transport services questions until you feel comfortable.
For those using in home service during the holidays, I will be doing a seperate blog article on that.
- “Canine Travel Tips”; American Kennel Club
- “Travel Safely With Your Pet by Car, Airplane, Ship, or Train”; The Humane Society of The United States
- “These Are The Safest and Most Dangerous Airlines to Your Pet”; Thrillest
- “Traveling With Your Pet? Here ‘s What You Need To Know, According To The Experts”; CNN Underground
- “Flying With Your Pet? It Just Got A Lot More Difficult”; New York Times